DP Pumps is not mass production oriented company. DP focus on projects:
– Flexibility to meet each project special demands
– Material Grades & Combination
– Required Documentation
– In many cases we offer not only a pump but an application solution.
– Support to our customer during and after the project
– Detailed Drawings
– Installation advisory
– Providing commissioning engineers
Our technical / Engineering department’s accumulated experience reflects to customer demands.
Our strong points:
– Know - How
– 60 years making pumps for projects
R & D
– Product development
– Continuous updating new types and sizes of pumps
– Collaboration with several technical universities for Pump performance improvement
– Adoption of technological evolution in our products
Our company with an extensive history of research and development started a research according participating in the NSRF 2007-2013 :
STUDY AND OPTIMUM DESIGN OF A CENTRIFUGAL PUMP FOR EFFICIENT OPERATION AS TURBINE IN HYDROELECTRIC SYSTEMS FOR BUILDING, INDUSTRIAL AND AGRICULTURAL USE. (Ελληνική Έκδοση)
Main purpose of the recearch is :
The development of a special designed pump " ΥDROVALYS ", in order to operate as a turbine for the production of electric power at with the high efficiency, keeping the low cost of the production, operation
and maintenance of the typical centrifugal pumps.
- Water and Irrigation networks (Between water piping of different level of water reservoirs / storage, pressure control as reducers )
- Numerous of Industrial Applications (pressure control in cooling systems with water or pressure reduction / Throttling of water processes or other industrial liquids)
- Large and High Buildings, for recovery of energy from drainage etc.
- Reverse Osmosis Units
- Microhydro projects and Pump Hydro Storage Units, replacing complex and expensive hydro turbine systems.
All goals of the study where successfully achieved
The full commercial range and sizes for commercial use, they are in research phase which will be completed within this year.
The research is accomplished with the cooperation of the National Technical University of Greece, the laboratory of the hydronamic machines of the Mechanical Engineers faculty. In the laboratory web page it can be found summary of the main technical details.